On August 27, 2015, hundreds packed the First Corinthian Baptist Church (FCBC) in Harlem, New York City. There was a kick-in-the-gut, kick-in-the-heart intensity in the air, as a crowd—a majority Black people but many others as well—gathered for a program sponsored by the Stop Mass Incarceration Network to hear Carl Dix, Dr. Cornel West, ‘Stolen Lives’ families, Gina Belafonte and others speak to What We Must Do to STOP Police Murder and Terror—Get Ready for #RiseUpOctober: Massive Mobilization to Stop Police Terror & Murder, October 22-24 in NYC. Watch the full event at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFTND…
Here’s how you can be part of it:
1. Follow & share the Stop Mass Incarceration Network at stopmassincarceration.net; Twitter: @StopMassIncNet; Facebook: Stop Mass Incarceration Network; https://www.facebook.com/events/76758….
Use #RiseUpOctober #WhichSideAreYouOn!
2. Donate at stopmassincarceration.net or send a tax-deductible contribution to “Stop Mass Incarceration/AfGJ” with “Rise Up October” in the memo field/line to Stop Mass Incarceration Network, PO Box 941, Knickerbocker Station, New York City, NY 10002-0900
3. Distribute promotional materials: Download palm cards, posters & the Rise Up October Call Give them out in a laundromat, a library, a classroom, coffee shops, salons and barbershops.
4. Endorse the Call: As an individual, organization, union, school club,or religious group.
5. Organize your faith community, school, sorority, fraternity, union to get on the bus and get to NYC Saturday October 24.
6. Be in touch with the national movement, online or call 646.709.1961
Sourced through Scoop.it from: www.youtube.com
A slow genocide is still a genocide. I wouldn’t even say the genocide against Black, Latino and Native communities is slow. The murder of one person snuffs out a whole future family tree.